Great Academy Ashton are committed to providing our students with a comprehensive careers programme which will inspire them to achieve their full potential and provide them with the skills and knowledge they require for the world of work.
To help in raising our student’s aspirations, we provide them with careers education right from the start of their GAA journey, this is in part delivered by our Personal Values curriculum which is delivered in Years 7-10. These lessons help students to better understand themselves, put long term plans in place for their future, and work on the employability skills required to succeed.
Key Stage 3 Careers
All Students are introduced to Careers Education through PSHE lessons, form sessions, planned events, assemblies and have access to the CEIAG team through drop-in sessions.
- Initial meeting with Careers Co-ordinator or Career Adviser to discuss future plans and options.
- Pathways evening to explore options for GCSE.
- Form time careers discussions.
- Life Education lessons on researching careers and labour market information.
- Presentations on Higher Education and opportunities for University trips.
- Careers Networking event allowing students to talk to a range of professionals.
Key Stage 4 Careers
All Students are introduced to Careers Education through Life Education lessons and have access to the CEIAG team through drop-in sessions. Every student will be seen for a careers guidance interview.
- A-level taster days at Sixth form colleges.
- Vocational course taster days at FE Colleges.
- Post 16 provider fair with a wide range of local colleges, Sixth Forms and apprenticeship providers.
- Work Experience.
- Opportunity for parents to meet Team IAG at parents evening.
- Apprenticeship Fair.
- College Assemblies.
- Prospectus and application process.
- Drop in sessions with Positive Steps and IAG.
- Targeted and requested interviews.
- Apprenticeship workshops and interviews.
- Presentations on Higher Education and opportunities for University visits.
- Careers trips and events.
Please contact Mrs T James, Careers Leader, for more information:
Telelphone: 0161 241 9555