All students attending Great Academy Ashton are expected to wear the full school uniform at all times. The affordability of our uniform expectations has been considered and if there any issues regarding uniform requirements please get in contact.
Parents and students are reminded that it is a condition of entry that the Academy uniform and appearance regulations are always adhered to, and students may be sent home, placed in isolation, or suspended if they are improperly dressed or in breach of the policy. We expect parents to support us in the detail as well as the principle of the Academy uniform. Please do not buy anything that is not on the list or specified. If you are uncertain about the choices your child may wish to make around uniform or appearance, please contact the Academy to check, prior to giving permission.
- Black blazer with Academy Logo
- Black tailored trousers or Academy black skirt, Lycra skirts and very short skirts are not permitted, skirts must be at least mid-thigh length
- White shirt
- Academy year group tie
- Black Academy jumper (optional)
- Black socks or plain black tights
- Black Hijab (optional)
- Black flat sensible Academy shoes. Black trainers/exercise/canvas shoes/boots are not acceptable. Footwear must look like a sensible Academy shoe and not be able to be mistaken for trainer. Shoes must be plain black only with no white or contrast piping. Please be aware some shops do sell black trainer type shoes within their school shoe section and this style of shoe is not permitted.
- In summer students may wear a Grey GAA polo shirt instead of the white shirt and tie
Full uniform and appearance policy is available for download below
Our uniform stockists are:
Top Marks Schoolwear
82 Old Street
Tel: 0161 343 2900
MCS Stores Schoolwear
32 Market Street
Tel: 0161 339 9845
Facebook: MCS Stores (For Offers, Discounts & Updates)